Just press the “Order now” button and let the system intuitively guide you through the process.
As the world’s best bespoke custom essay writing solutions company, we offer below services
The Social issue i choose is CHILDHOOD OBESITY
Community and Professional Service Paper
Public health professionals are charged with promoting overall community health and well-being, and addressing the causes of disease and debility. To achieve these goals of prevention and health, public health professionals must engage with diverse communities to solve today’s most pressing problems. Community engagement can be defined as the process of working collaboratively with groups of people affiliated by geographic proximity, special interests, or similar situations on issues affecting their well-being.
For this assignment, you will describe how you were introduced to service, community engagement, and professional development activities during your MPH studies and practicum and how this understanding helps promote the public health agenda of addressing complex issues, awareness, and prevention. You may write this assignment in first person.
Meet with your field instructor or supervisor to discuss this assignment.
Complete the following:
- Analyze a social issue, community interest, or community problem as well as the community’s assets and capacities, and relate these aspects to public health goals.
- Define a social issue, community interest, or community problem.
- Identify the community’s assets and capacities.
- Discuss the role you played in understanding the formal and informal networks, organizations, systems, and procedures.
- Describe your practicum site’s ability to approach the community so community members feel engaged and valued, and diversity is respected.
- Discuss the relationships of your site with the community.
- Describe your contributions to foster good relationships with the community partners or stakeholders, and identify and leverage existing institutional relationships.
- Discuss potential needs for repairing relationships and rebuilding trust damaged by negative experiences.
- Analyze your site’s approach to demonstrating awareness of cultural values in their practices and implementation of public health policies and programs.
- Identify the cultural values addressed by your site’s practices.
- Describe implementation of public health policies and programs that consider community cultural values.
- Discuss the systems tools the practicum site uses to communicate their decision-making process and reach out to the community.
- Define the roles and parameters of the practicum site and community efforts.
- Describe the process used to identify stakeholders.
- Evaluate the site’s support efforts to establish, optimize, and maintain community participation.
- Describe the community’s readiness and ability to engage, and provide support to build their capacity.
- Discuss the resources provided for training in health issues or specific skills, ongoing coaching and mentoring, interpretation and translation services, childcare, food, and transportation to events.
- Articulate how short-term and long-term milestones will be measured.
- Describe how the impact of the community involvement on positive health outcomes will be measured.
- Discuss methods used by the practicum site to document intermediate milestones along the road to an improved health care system, increased use of services, and other factors demonstrating institutional and organizational change.
- Describe how you incorporated community residents’ ideas about how they would measure success.
- Write following APA style for in-text citations and references.
- Determine the proper application of APA formatting requirements and scholarly writing standards.
- Apply the principles of effective composition.
- Write clearly and logically with correct use of spelling and grammar.
- Determine the proper application of the rules of grammar and mechanics.
- Assess the relevance and credibility of information sources.
Remember that your instructor will be providing feedback on your assignments.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Cited resources: Minimum of five scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
- Length of paper: 5–7 double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.
- ePortfolio: Save your final paper in your ePortfolio.
The papers we provide serve as model papers for research candidates and are not to be submitted ‘as is’. These papers are intended to be used for reference purposes only. We only offers consultation and research support and assistance in research design, editing, and statistics.
+254 769 316 835